For the Bronze Award sections A and B may be completed on two separate occasions, but each section must be completed without pause and in the order listed.
- To jump into water of at least full reach depth.
- To swim 10 metres, followed by a surface-dive into water of at least full reach depth and under water swim for a distance of five metres.
- To tread water in a vertical position for three minutes.
- To scull head-first on the back for 15 metres with the feet at, or near, the surface throughout.
- To swim 400 metres using two strokes. Changes of stroke can only occur at the completion of a length of the pool. A minimum of 100 metres is to be swum on each stroke.
- To climb out at the deep end without assistance.
On successful completion the next challenge is the Silver Award